Personal Injury Chiropractic Care
in Cuyahoga Falls
Personal injury accidents can result in many different types of injuries with a wide range of symptoms. Many injuries require long-term care, while others tend to heal rather quickly but eventually lead to chronic pain and discomfort. With chiropractic care and massage therapy, our Cuyahoga Falls doctor can get to the cause of the pain and discomfort, correcting the problem and restoring balance to the body.
CAUSES OF PERSONAL INJURY
Injuries associated with personal injury accidents have many causes. Injuries from auto accidents are among the most common that we treat. Improper lifting techniques that compromise the spinal column and the soft tissues that support it are also extremely common. Slip and fall accidents that are the result of walking on icy or wet surfaces are also common. Back pain associated with improper lifting techniques is ranked as one of the leading causes of missed work in the United States. Whiplash is another common personal injury that is received due to an accident.
SYMPTOMS OF PERSONAL INJURIES
Symptoms associated with personal injuries take many forms and will range in severity from mild to extreme. Acute pain will normally dissipate after the injured area starts to heal. Chronic pain, on the other hand, may never fully go away and can last for several months or longer.
- Pain in the neck or lower back – both chronic and acute
- Chronic pain in the arms and legs that lasts longer than two or three months
- Tingling/Numbness in the arms and legs – normally caused by a pinched nerve or impaired circulation to the injured area
- Loss of range of motion that prohibits natural movements such as reaching or stretching
- Headaches, dizziness, or blurred vision – headaches may come and go and range in severity between night and day
- Trouble walking or loss of mobility caused by stiffness, inflammation, and pain in the joints
You can experience one, two or several symptoms depending on the extent and severity of your injury. Working with your chiropractor will determine what areas should be worked on first and how to best address the majority of your symptoms.
THERAPIES WE OFFER IN CUYAHOGA FALLS OH
Chiropractic care and the use of massage therapy work together to elicit a unified healing response. When combined with other treatment options, patients can expect a well-rounded treatment plan that addresses all of their complaints and ensures a more complete healing over a specific period of time.
- Spinal Decompression – Spinal decompression works by taking the pressure off of the vertebrae of the spine. This can relieve the pain and discomfort associated with herniated or slipped disks. The treatment allows the vertebrae to separate naturally and gradually move back into their proper placement.
- Chiropractic Adjustments – Chiropractic adjustments involve maneuvering the musculoskeletal structure back into its proper alignment. When massage therapy is used to compliment the adjustment, the therapist manipulates the soft tissues so that they will hold the corrected structure in its original, or natural, position.
- Electrical Stimulation – Electrical stimulation is used to stimulate the growth of new muscle tissue. This not only strengthens the tissues, it helps to rejuvenate the muscle and add new muscle fibers.
- Physical Rehabilitation / Physical Therapy - Our Cuyahoga Falls physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments can assist those with low-back pain, arthritis, heart disease, fractures, head injuries, and cerebral palsy. Treatment often includes exercises meant to increase flexibility, strength or endurance.
- Traction - Spinal traction therapy is a form of spinal decompression therapy that is used to treat herniated discs, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves and other back conditions
- D.M.E. Durable Medical Equipment - Based upon your injury, we can provide you with medical equipment to take home, such as TENs units, back braces, or cervical traction units.
With chiropractic care in Cuyahoga Falls, the doctor has the option of using one or more treatment options to create a personalized care plan. The care plan is formulated on the type of injury the patient has, as well as its severity.
FOLLOWING DOCTOR'S ORDERS
Injuries associated with personal injury accidents are a serious problem. It is essential that you follow your doctor's orders at all times to prevent re-injuring the area. In many cases, the chiropractor will give you exercises and activities you can do at home that will continue to facilitate the healing process.
Visit Cuyahoga Fall Chiropractic to find out how to get relief from your injuries. Personal injury accidents can result in lifelong pain. Don't wait to be seen. Call (330) 920-1681 today and schedule an appointment. You can also contact the office by clicking here. Get the treatment you need now!
8:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
2:00pm - 7:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 7:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday